Wednesday, May 5, 2010

BP3_2010051_RSSFeeds

(Copyright free image from Microsoft Office)

* Educational Technology: feed://people.uis.edu/rschr1/et/?feed=rss2

I chose this feed because I am doing my AR (Action Research) on how technology based tools (particularly SMART boards) enhance education amongst students in the classroom. This feed contains articles on technology in education along with people’s opinions on utilizing technology in the classroom that I plan to use as resources for my AR.

* National Association of Special Education Teachers: http://www.naset.org/

I chose this general site because it includes a wide variety of feeds that relate to anything and everything about special education. Being a special education teacher, I believe this site will be useful for my own personal benefit of keeping up to date on things happening in special education and to possibly start connecting with other special educators. This site also provides a wide variety of resources, latest special education news, a career center, and publications that will be valuable to not only myself, but my colleagues as well.

* Bright Hub-Special Education: http://www.brighthub.com/education/special.aspx

Being a special educator I believe it’s important stay current on special education as well as keeping your mind open to new ideas that can help you, your students, and your school overall. I chose this feed because it offers a wide variety of information from new strategies that I can try in my classroom to general information that is good to know in regards to my profession.

* SMARTBoard Lessons Podcasts: http://pdtogo.com/smart/

To be honest, I chose this RSS feed because it was different from the other feeds I have joined. I like this one because it’s a collection of podcasts that people post in regards to SMART Boards. My AR is focused on SMART Boards and our school received our very first one. I haven’t had much experience with our board because it is fairly new in our school so http://pdtogo.com/smart/ is perfect for me because here I can find anything from how to use the SMART Board to different lessons that I can use with my students. I plan to use this as a guide for me in learning more about SMART Boards.

* Free Technology for Teachers: http://www.freetech4teachers.com/

Everybody’s four-letter favorite word-FREE. What more can I say? I chose this as one of my RSS feeds because it not only provides free technology for teachers, but it also offers ideas and lessons plans for incorporating technology in the classroom. I haven’t had much experience with using technology in my class except with using PowerPoint with my students and basic educational websites, so I’m hoping this will introduce me to a whole new list of things I can do with my students and possibly finding more resources for my AR.

No comments:

Post a Comment